. . . about a variety of subjects
Daily Archives: November 26, 2011
Spencer Mills, aka OakFoSho covers the Oakland California Occupy, with good humor and gentle grace. He always has a kind or encouraging word for those occupiers he runs into each night he is streaming coverage.
Punkboyinsf hails from San Francisco; his coverage of OccupySF is what drew me to streaming coverage of the Occupy movement at large. I crammed a months worth of education into about a week watching him move through San Francisco.
These two, along with Tim Pool are the vanguard of streaming media coverage on two coasts for the Occupy movement. Please support their work, when the time comes, they will support their fellow independent journalists in turn. Thank you for your support of independent media.
Vreed Writes The human readable address for their WePay account is:
https://www.wepay.com/donate/27485 the account holder’s name is Spencer Mills, aka OakFoSho.
For those of you who pray; join me in asking for health and safety for these two video journalists.
- An accidental social media phenomenon emerges from the Occupy Oakland general strike (mercurynews.com)
- The dronecam revolution will be webcast: Interview with Tim Pool of “The Other 99” (boingboing.net)
- Occupy movements in Bay Area seek life after encampments (mercurynews.com)
Via Scoop.it – OccupyGR
OccupyGR Buy Nothing Day event and a special shout-out to Occupy Wall Street knitters and crocheters. The day before our GA finalized plans for Buy Nothing day, including a knit/crochet circle, I saw the OWS knitters & crocheters on a streaming vid. So HELLO OWS KNITTERS & CROCHETERS from Grand Rapids Michigan. [phut, phut, is this thing on? Do you think they heard us?]
From Frugal Dad
Source: Frugal dad
About Jason (Frugal Dad)
Jason founded FrugalDad.com in 2007, back when being frugal was still unpopular.
- Conglomer-ATE: The Consolidation of American Food (Infographic) (frugaldad.com)
- Media Consolidation: The Illusion of Choice (Infographic) (frugaldad.com)